Mar 3, 2006

Le Nozze di Figaro.

It was my first visit to the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, and it's also been a while since I toured the campus grounds of UBC.

Andrew was waiting for me at the doors at 19:00 as previously arranged and Frank showed up 30 minutes later. I had sent a message out to CS/VSC members about this performance a few days ago and it turned out that someone by the name of Jeffrey was going to be performing in the pit with the UBC Orchestra! He was just as delighted to see that someone from the same social club was coming out to see this performance. We arranged to meet up during intermission or after the performance backstage, but we somehow missed each other as the hall crowded with cast members mingling with the audience.

Here's an email I sent to Jeffrey (CANYOUDIGIT13) on CS:


• Jeff!


• Last night's performance was excellent! To hear Susanna
• and the Countess hit such a deafening high note nearly
• cracked my opera glasses! =p My friends and I were all
• impressed. However, I thought the UBC Symphony
• Orchestra should have received the same respect and
• credit as the director, conductor, and the cast and be
• showered with the long applause and whistling from the
• audience.

• Unfortunately, I was not able to meet up with you to
• say hello. I did wander into the backstage during the
• 20-minute intermission but it was a little chaotic in
• there and I was told that I wasn't allowed to go down
• to the pit. HHhph! After the show, my friends and I
• congregated out by the staircase by the backstage
• doors watching the actors streaming out for photo-ops.
• Musicians came out shortly after hauling a huge case
• over their backs like turtles, some even bigger than
• themselves, but I failed to see you yet.

• Anywho, there's always next time I suppose. Looking
• forward to Don Giovanni next week.

• I've been to many CS/VSC gatherings already. Jamie and
• James are fun people to be with! You should come out
• and meet us some time, you won't regret it! =p


• Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment