Mar 30, 2006

SkyTrain Stories.

On my way back from sitting through a great line up of local comedians at Yuk Yuk's Comedy Club, I boarded the SkyTrain with two young punks on board looking for trouble. It was late at night and there were very few passengers on board. Upon entry, one guy purposely stuck his foot out in an attempt to trip me. Not wanting to fuel their desire to cause trouble, I looked at them both in the eyes, then made my way to the front of the train looking out the window. Through the reflection, I noticed the guy in the camouflage t-shirt dancing around and quite possibly saying something to me, but I had my iPod on and couldn't hear him. I didn't even bother turning around to give him the satisfaction that I was bothered by him, but continued to observe his reflection just in case he crossed my line of tolerance.

And then it happened. His juvenile accomplice threw something at my back, and as I turned around, I found a small black-handled kitchen knife by my feet. I got off the train as soon as it pulled into the next station, walked to the car behind it, and pressed the "Safety & Security" button to report them. What surprised me was that this button actually worked! After getting an instant response, I told the SkyTrain staff of the situation and what car number they were in, and the next station after at Columbia, several police officers came swooping in and dragged the hooligans off. And my, were the delinquents mad! One was resisting arrest, screaming and yelling at the officers causing quite a scene on the platform. As my train left Columbia station, I saw out the window an officer who had one guy in a head lock, and I couldn't help but grin that my actions caused all of this to unfold.

The satisfaction of retaliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment