Mar 11, 2006

Don Giovanni.

Don Giovanni. A pleasure-seeker, a womanizer, a murderer. The story of his sexual conquests and his inevitable doom was all brought to life in a grandiose spectacle on the large stage of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. From the dramatic lighting effects and the many set changes to the orchestration of Mozart's music and the theatrical performance on stage, this was a production of epic proportions.

It has been a very long time since the last time I was at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. I was still in elementary school when I went on a school field trip to the Q E Theatre to watch a ballet. I can't even remember what it was that I watched as I hadn't developed my cultural taste at that tender age yet.

Only a week after seeing "Le Nozze di Figaro", Andrew, Frank, and I came together again to watch "Don Giovanni", the second of three operas that Mozart produced on a libretto by Lorenzo da Ponte. Could "Così fan tutte" be next?

This was a great performance well worth spending a Saturday evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment