May 15, 2006

Apartment Hunting II.

After dropping off my brother, his friend Taka, and my cousin Mickey and his wife Mikoto in the west end, I went about hunting for apartments. At the end of the day, I had scoured nearly every block making inquiries and checking out places, popping in and out of more apartments than a full-time hooker on any given night.

My exhaustive effort in search for a place was less than fruitful, however, as many of these places didn't quite meet my standards. I hate carpeting, so hardwood floors or laminate was a must. A nice view of English Bay would be nice, but that usually came with a higher monthly rent, so I was willing to compromise, but not to the point at which I was looking out to the bums picking garbage in the complex dumpsters from the living room window on the second floor.

I got together with Alan for lunch and found a nice shady area under a tree to eat along the beach. We were just shooting the breeze, checking out guys who walked by. Chillaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment