Apr 8, 2006

VSC: Pizza Night.

Mmmmm..... pizza, Pizza, PIZZA! =D

Being one who loves Italian from pizzas to pastas, I couldn't afford to miss this event in making home made pizza from scratch! We baked eight different kinds in all, each of us creating our own creation of various toppings. After tossing our dough in the air trying to make it round and flat like a professional, I coated the top with lots of tomato sauce, then sprinkled on loads of cheese in between each layer of olives, pepper, jalapeno peppers, ham, sausage, and yes, even boiled eggs. I've never had boiled eggs on pizza before, but it turned out pretty good! Of course, the taste of it (and everything else) was quickly replaced by the sensationally hot taste of the jalapeno peppers to which I didn't bother taking the little seeds out of. Oops! At least most of us only had one hot pepper on their slice, but poor James had about six burning in his mouth! I felt so bad but couldn't resist my laugher either. I layered everything evenly so how could James find six hot peppers on his slice?! =p

Jen had to work today at the bakery so she didn't join us until the rest of us came back from walking off our pizzas around Stanley Park and English Bay to the Inukshuk to make our remaining four pizzas.

To end the night, we went to a cafe on Commercial Drive to which we thought was a jazz club, at least according to Jay and his friend who told us about it. The live band in performance called themselves "Ghettoblaster" and they were really really loud. Their theme song, aptly named "Ghettoblaster" was just as loud as their other numbers, but only consisted of the word "Ghettoblaster" repeated over and over and over like a broken record. I was quite happy when they finished their performance and got off the stage as it was hard to conduct a conversation with the person next to me, let alone with persons sitting around the table.

Jen and Jay's friend (the "what's my name?" guy, from when we were playing BuzzWord earlier) were pyromaniacs infatuated by the candle sticks on our table. They made quite a mess after melting down candles and dripping wax all over the solid wood table, to which we got an earful of complaints about from the manager when we walked out of the cafe. Jen looked at me with her evil eyes when I called her Kip.

No comments:

Post a Comment