Apr 24, 2006

Kwantlen Student Art Show.

James Kemp, an old HS friend of mine called me up a few days ago to inform me of Kwantlen Student Art Show opening night at his Kwantlen Surrey campus. He is taking an arts program there and had many of his works on display.

I got James, Jamie, Damien, Kia, Kyle, and Janelle inerested so we all got together this evening for the wine & cheese, and of course, the exhibit. It was good to see James again, though I almost didn't recognise him with his wild hair which looked like it went through the dryer like a mad scientist!

To be honest, the majority of the student work I had exhibited here wasn't all that appealing. They were either too abstract for me to relate to (and I love the abstract), or I felt that the student didn't really put in a lot of effort into his creativity. The pieces done by James was impressive, however. His sculpture was emotive and conveyed a story or a piece of history/legend.

After the show, I still had to make a delivery to a dentist's residence in Abbotsford to make, so James, Jamie, and Damien accompanied me for the road trip to boonieville. It's great when you don't have anything better to do! We had a lot of fun at the Wendy's parking lot taking photos of our feet trying to make it look as if there were more than just the four of us at this "Secret VSC Meetup". There was also a RV compound across the street to which we dressed up a side mirror with a ball cap and a jacket around the arm with a Wendy's drink container hanging precariously to make it look like we had another member in our group for the group photo-op. The picture turned out well, with the "Mirror boy" looking like he was hanging out from the passenger window! What a blast. What deception! What a night. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment