Feb 14, 2009

Valentines Day Party

"No one should spend Valentines Day alone!" was the reason given for Mel's V-Day dinner invitation at her place this evening. Prior to arriving, I'd spent hours in the kitchen preparing all the ingredients for Canadian butter tarts and making it all from scratch. From kneading the dough to mixing the mixture of butter, shortening, walnuts and vanilla extract, and placing exactly 10 pieces of dried raisins in each shell to pouring the mixture in each to form a tart, It was a labour of love. The kitchen gave off that wonderful smell of a bakery when the tarts were doing its thing in the oven.

Sadly, despite my greatest effort, it didn't turn out the way I had hoped it would as the shell was very flaky. I blame this on the fact that I used whole wheat flour instead of the all purpose flour the recipe called for. Furthermore, it came out too sweet for my liking.






No comments:

Post a Comment