Feb 15, 2009

Snowboarding at Cypress

In keeping with my newly acquired "YES MAN" philosophy, I agreed to go snowboarding at Cypress with Mel and Sameer. No, I didn't feel that I was coerced into going, I actually wanted to! The last time I was at the slopes was when I was working at a ski resort in Nagano several years back, so it was time to relive that masochistic painful-joy feeling of falling on my ass and taking a tumble to the bottom all over again.

The sun was out in full and kissed the mountain ridges at day break. The snow covered mountain-scape was a beauty to behold and I was brimming with excitement as I drove up Cypress Bowl Rd. After meeting up with the rest of the gang at the lodge, getting my rentals in order and parting with a $100 bill, I took to the bunny hills first for a practice run as I wasn't feeling all too confident in my ability. Surprisingly, I faired quite well with my balance and turning skills that I, along with Sameer and Mel, felt confident enough to advance to the real slopes. Advancing quickly down the green, blue and black diamond, taking nearly every path the mountain had to offer, I even said yes to the moguls, but never again. At least for a while.

True to our west coast flare, Cypress had a spectacular view of downtown Vancouver and it's surroundings from the chair-lifts. I'd say "YES!" anytime for another go. No pain, no gain, eh?





No comments:

Post a Comment