Jan 31, 2009

Photogenic Vancouver.

Getting my lunch appointment with a friend mixed up for today instead of tomorrow, I found myself walking around downtown Vancouver again just taking in the sheer beauty of the city I call home. Armed with my Canon 40D in my Slingshot 200, I took advantage of the situation and exposed many parts of Vancouver in natural sunlight. She's quite a beauty, and camera-shy was she not!

I called out Jen to join me for a photographic adventure and we met up in the afternoon by the new convention centre still under construction. Yes, even a city can have facelifts, nips, and tucks!

We drove across the Lions Gate bridge and crossed over to West Vancouver heading towards Lighthouse Park. Along the way, we stopped by for some food and drinks. While Jen was off getting coffee at Second Cup, I spotted a small independent Italian deli shoppe across the street. I popped in to check it out and a few minutes later, I bought some prosciutto and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to take with me to consume at the park. It never made it as my hunger was too strong.

The lighthouse jutting out from the rocks never fail to disappoint, but what was even more special was the long exposure pictures of the Burrard Inlet and the Lions Gate bridge in the far distance I managed to capture just after sundown. It was simply spectacular.

Vancouver, I <3 U! You sure know how to strike a pose in any light.










No comments:

Post a Comment