Jan 1, 2009

Happy 牛 Year.

I didn't think anything was going to happen on New Years Eve as no one I called upon was all that interested in going to the 3rd Annual SkyTrain party I was wanting to go to, but in the late afternoon, Eunice called me up to invite me out for dinner and karaoke, so I was elated. Eunice, her bf Sean, Kathy, Leslie, Jamie, Cynthia, and I all got together at a Belgium tapas bar called Stellas (who would have guessed) where I had tried a bottle of Belgium white beer (the name escapes me) which was quite smooth.

Moving away from Commercial Drive, our next destination was to a karaoke bar on Robson Straße. After singing a few of my favourites (Culture Club's "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" and Pet Shop Boys' "West End Girls"), I took off to visit Sigrid who didn't have anything planned for NYE. No one should spend NYE alone! But alas, that's where I was trying to stay dry under a bus shelter on Arbutus and W4th listening to the countdown and screams of "Happy New Year!!" from an apartment block I couldn't see. Siggy was in no mood to ring in the new year with me outside in the snowy, drizzly streets, even for a minute.

Then I spent a night over on Siggy's KLIPPAN couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment