Dec 18, 2008

Gingerbread Fun!

I got together with some friends I haven't met since we were all together in Beijing tonight for some gingerbread fun. Imelda extended an invite to me and though I was iffy at first about going because of how last minute it was and the fact that I would be a few hours late, I'm glad I went! I drove out to Richmond to meet with Imelda, Sue, her boyfriend Ryan, a Ukrainian guy by the name of Serge, and a guy named Sameer who's apartment we gathered at. In addition to the standard gingerbread house, we created a swimming pool with the gingerbread man swimming in it, a diving board made of cardboard with a Cathay Pacific airplane next to it (which looked more like a recreation of 9/11), a Christmas tree with a gummy bear as an angel on top, and a snowman/woman with large breasts, a penis, and balls. A little bit of icing was used to complete this vulgar image. Childish, I know!

Though punching out the windows and doors from the ready-made gingerbread pieces came as an afterthought, it still looked wonderful. A great team effort!

It was really nice to see them all again, together.






No comments:

Post a Comment