Nov 23, 2006

A Gift from the Heart.

I was pleasantly surprised when the postwoman came knocking on my door with a package for me this afternoon. A box which measured at roughly 3x5x7 and wrapped in an ‘Apple-logoised’ wrapping paper was in my hands and I was flipping the box around looking for the sender’s name. A. Stock. I couldn’t believe my eyes!

I took no time in tearing the box open soon after and inside was a beautiful Christmas card with a personal message written inside it. Within the folds were two Scratch ‘n’ Win tickets which revealed nothing but ‘TRY AGAIN’ messages. Digging further in, I found 2 packs of Almond Rocas, rub on tattoos of the Canadian flag, a beautiful postcard of Vancouver at dawn, and a Santa hat that actually lights up at a push of a button!

A dear friend from back home sending me a taste of Vancouver by way of a care package so as to remind me of what I left behind, and what (and who!) I should never forget about. I miss you. I miss you all!

Alan, thanks so much for your thoughtful ‘Xmas thinking of you box’. You certainly made my day. It would have been better though if you had picked some WINNING lotto tickets though, hahaha! I’m kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment