Nov 25, 2006

The Forbidden City.

The Forbidden City. It’s massive. Enough said.

But I’ll go on, despite my reluctance to write about it at length.

Much of the Forbidden City is actually covered up by scaffoldings due to the renovation that’s currently well underway, so it was a bit disappointing, but nevertheless, I was still in awe with this palace. The Chinese like their things big! Passing through gates upon gates upon gates all within the FC, I was lead to courtyards, quarters, and gardens. It took a whole day to see this place, and even still, there were areas where Kim and I simply ran through (as many of the halls and courtyards were simply repetitious). We even avoided the section of the FC which housed the Dynasty’s extensive jewellery, porcelain, and art collection because it required another entrance ticket.

So that’s that. I’ll let the pictures do the talking now. =)










1 comment:

  1. That does look enormous! Pretty damn cool.

    Hey Ed, I tried adding you to my BlogLines feed, but I don't think you have it turned on in Blogger. (To turn it on: Settings --> Site Feed. Select "Full")

    I use Bloglines to check news and blogs. It's very handy. If you feel like getting my feed, the url is tanyahuang.blogspot.com (instead of spacebunny.org).

    later skater!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete