Aug 2, 2008

Celebration of Light.

The Grande Finale of Vancouver's annual Celebration of Light was upon us. Aaron and I drove into town together and after ordering pepperoni pizza, we met up with Jen at her mother's apartment overlooking English Bay. I couldn't have asked for a better view of the barge on the bay where the explosives were set, and better still, the company of good friends to watch it with! Instead of getting into turf wars with a million of others all long the beach to Kits and beyond, we watched in splendid comfort with wine, pizza, and baked goods from Jen's bakery.

This day also marked the anniversary of British Columbia's 150th.

Looking out from the balcony to the spectacular vista before me, I felt overjoyed to call this place my home. Vancouver truly is Like. No. Other.




























Gearing up for the Celebration of Light 2008.




Celebration of Light 2008. British Columbia's 150th Anniversary.


No comments:

Post a Comment