Aug 25, 2007

Exalted Edwin's Return Party!

Jamie had organised my welcoming party as soon as I told her my day of arrival about a month ago. Today was the cumulation of all expectations and the grand reunification with the friends I left behind when I decided to fly to Beijing and live there for a year. Nearly everyone I had known in my great past came out to greet me, with a host of new faces of CORE Vancouver.

After wining and nibbling on snacks at J&J’s, we went out to the Lotus Club where we danced hard. That’s when I realised that I wasn’t carrying any ID on me to get in (not that I look under age). Just then, Georg phoned me on my mobile using Skype, so I handed my wallet over to Jamie who began a thorough search for any photo ID. She pulled out a condom instead, and I turned to the bouncer and convinced him to let me in because “I’m really friendly”. This, and the fact that all eighteen or so people who came out to my welcoming party were already in and I was the guest of honour!

I couldn’t have asked for a better welcoming. I felt like a royalty!


No comments:

Post a Comment