Aug 18, 2006

Beach fire.

Janelle, Aaron, Kyle, and I, had our beach fire down at our usual haunt tonight, our second one this summer. For a change, we had our fire undisturbed by authorities who usually patrol the area for hooligans and drunkards. With the intent of getting "happily drunk", I brought down my bottle of Smirnoff vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's Irish Cream, along with my shaker, strainer, measuring cup, a stainless steel coffee thermos from Starbucks, and a water bottle. I was experimenting tonight, so I poured equal parts of all three into the shaker and shook it. I don't know if someone's beat me to the punch and named this cocktail already, but I'm going to call this the "Acid Re-flux". I'll tell you why...

One whiff of this concoction sent me to liquor heaven. Kyle took a whiff and a swig and gave me the approval. I took my first cautious sip from the bottle and analysed the potent auroma and the creamy texture carefully, as if I was wine tasting. It was delicious! Now, I knew the danger of mixing vodka with equal parts of any creme liquor, as it wouldn't sit well in the stomach, but I thought I could handle it and took a chance. I took my time downing my 250 ml drink while we sat around the fire roasting wieners and looking up at the stars. I found myself at my "happy drunk" state (usually noted by me going around hugging people and curling up around them, slurring, and feeling tired) but my stomach was still okay.

It wasn't until we got up to pack up, douse the fire, and climb back up the 1001 Steps, that I started to feel sick. Holding onto the hand rails as I meandered up the wooden steps back up to the car, I felt relieved when I reached the top! Sadly, climbing the steps was half the battle. I felt stomach upset. Not a moment too soon, I had excused myself from the pack, and vomited over the railings. And according to my friends, I did so very eloquently.

After emptying out the contents of my stomach, I was back to my old self again, my mind as sharp as a brick.

I'll need to make slight modifications to this cocktail in the future and give it a good name.

No comments:

Post a Comment