Apr 5, 2009

Omegle.

I had an interesting conversation with a stranger using this new omegle.com site where you could actually talk to random strangers about anything under the sun. This is the transcript of our entire chat.

Connecting to server...
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: Hello stranger!
Stranger: hello gorgeous
You: why thank you.
Stranger: what is your opinion on the european union?
You: Indifferent.
Stranger: do you feel sweden was a neutral country?
You: What is your opinion on Stephen Harper?
Stranger: wow
Stranger: canada?
You: Indeed I am.
Stranger: impressive
You: Well, not a country, but a person residing in said country. :)
Stranger: i like the way you think
Stranger: je suis une canadianne aussi
You: And right off the bat, I take it that you have a political slant.
You: are you now!
Stranger: how would you define a "poutine"
Stranger: common political question am i right?
You: heart-attack in a bowl, but I can't resist it.
Stranger: good answer
Stranger: you win
You: Not really.
Stranger: i concede
You: Are you a poutine-eater as well, for the lack of a better word?
Stranger: no gravy is made of animals
Stranger: kinda sad really
You: hhmmm...
You: well we as humans are omnivores.
Stranger: what hockey team do you go for
Stranger: in theory maybe...
Stranger: so are dinosaurs though and look at the brontosaurus... veg and loving it
You: well, if I cared at all about hockey, I'll have to go with the Canucks.
Stranger: a canadian who doesn't care for hockey?
Stranger: sad really
You: really? I don't think so.
Stranger: are you from calgary?
Stranger: vancouver i mean
Stranger: or oshawa?
You: deductive reasoning will tell you that. I must only confess. :)
Stranger: vancouver
Stranger: i want YOU to get excited about your life!
You: As for the "Canadian who doesn't care for hockey" comment: I'm happy to break from the stereotype. :)
Stranger: im happy if your happy
Stranger: your happiness is all i live for
Stranger: "stranger".... what is this nonsense... i feel as though i've known you my whole life
You: Hockey Night in Canada may be hotwired since birth in this nation, but that doesn't make the next Tim Hortons. Nor is it my wish to be him. :)
Stranger: Tim was a great guy... really, how well did you know him? his memory will always live on in this fine nation
You: I would rather be someone like... hmmm... Douglas Coupland.
Stranger: or mikhail barishnikov??
You: I take it that this Mikhail guy is/was also a hockey player?
Stranger: a russian ballerina actually
You: Oh gee damn, I should have known that one then. I love ballets! ;)
Stranger: i sense you are an arts-lover?
You: If you were on Jeopardy, you've answered correctly in the form of a question.
Stranger: what other form of sentence is there?
You: Who knew talking to strangers could be so social!
Stranger: it's like a social explosion in my heart
You: I mean, I do this quite a bit in person, but most just don't want to follow through or simply dismiss me as a "talkative stranger".
Stranger: i think its lovely that we are on the same wavelength
You: mee too
Stranger: who would win in a fight ... trex versus brontosaurus?
Stranger: explaination
You: hhhmmm... I'll have to place my bets on a t-rex because of its ability to stand on two legs and possibly punch with those stubby arms, like a punching kangaroo.
You: boxing
Stranger: nicely done... emphasis on the two legged ability and stubby arm punchability makes you a fabulous person
Stranger: i quite like you stranger
You: hahahahha!
Stranger: most dramatic thing to ever happen to you?
You: You are my first omegle stranger talker!
Stranger: im your first? awkward.....
Stranger: :)
You: I was just informed of this interesting website only a few hours ago.
You: Yes, you're my first, hahaha! Thanks for popping my cherry.
Stranger: a tast i quite enjoy
Stranger: task*
You: oh my, this can only get worse... ;)
You: or better, depending on perspective.
Stranger: are you a gentleman or a scholar?
You: I would like to think I'm both, but truth be told, I'm neither. I could only strive towards being one or the other. Or bith.
You: both
Stranger: so.... an it?
Stranger: je ne comprende
You: That's nice. Lets leave it there for now. :D
Stranger: ditched
Stranger: i see how it is
Stranger: good day to you
You: I'm going to have my dinner now.
You: It was nice talking to you though!
Stranger: I SAID GOOD DAY
Stranger: holla for a dolla
Stranger: good times
Stranger: love ya... mean it
Stranger: ;)
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment