Sep 3, 2007

The Grouse Grind #2.

Andre and his kids, Jay, Sigrid, and myself and other members of the G54 club went up to do the Grouse Grind this morning. I had an objective for myself to beat my previous Personal Best (PB) of 75 minutes and come in at under 60 minutes, and I did it (but just barely!) 59 minutes is my all time best. Not bad for my second time!

Sigrid did her best on her first go. Though she had suffered through two asthmatic attacks along the way and nearly died when she surfaced to the top at just under three hours, she completed the hike, and for that, we were all proud of her. Suffice it to say, she will not be doing the grind any time soon, however.

Jay, Sigrid, and I met up with Alex (Frenchie) at Soma’s and treated ourselves to some rare and imported ham, cheese, and wine. With a knife and fork in hand, I began to consume my thinly sliced wild boar, Shinkenspeck, and Finocchiona and savored every moment of it for as long as it still remained as a solid in my mouth. This indulgence of ours wasn’t cheap, as one could imagine, but you can’t put a price on enjoying it with good friends, good conversations, in our quiet little corner of the cafe.

As if that wasn’t enough of a perfect ending to a day, we got together with Jamie and Leslie at the Cheesecake restaurant on Granville.


No comments:

Post a Comment