Sep 23, 2007

Bo Loh Yao Bike Trip.

Took the bus into Vancouver this morning for a CORE event with Kathy, Norm, Leslie, Jay, Jamie, Eunice and Kettina. We met up at Kathy’s place and left all together at around 1100, heading southbound on Heather, south on Granville, and over the Arthur Laing Bridge to Iona Island for a scenic view of the Straight of Georgia and the planes landing and taking off at the Vancouver International Airport. It was a thrilling bike ride on a clear and sunny day, and of all the years I’ve spent in my hometown, this was my first cherry-popping experience.

We made a stop at a Hong Kong restaurant called Lido where I had tried something called “Boh Lo Yao” which was essentially a pineapple bun with a slice of butter in the middle. Apparently, this was the place to get it, and so I consumed it with glee while the others watched in amazement. After eating a handful of egg custards as a chaser, we were off again, this time to burn off our filled stomachs by walking it off around Aberdeen Centre.

My left knee started to bother me as I made my way back to Kathy’s but I shook it off as best I could and made it back with everyone else. Because I agreed to do the Grouse Grind the morning after, Eunice offered to put me up at her place on a sofa-bed, where I slept comfortably as soon as my head hit the pillow.




No comments:

Post a Comment