Jul 2, 2006

Concordiae Choir Concert.

Had a little difficulty finding the First United Church where our friend Kayla was to sing in front of an audience with the Concordiae Choir. The address that was printed on the program was incorrect so Kyle and I in one car and Janelle and Aaron in another, found ourselves driving all over the neighbourhood looking for the damn church. Kyle, being the quick one to get annoyed, drove like a bat out of hell pulling u-ies and driving on the wrong side of the road circumventing concrete medians. This latter maneuver angered a Fred and Mildred who blocked our path with their red pickup truck motioning Kyle to roll down his window. That was very stupid of them.

We must have driven to six different churches within a ten-kilometre radius before finding the right one and arriving at 1915, fifteen minutes late. Who knew there were so many fucking buildings where people go to get brainwashed and be preached by priests who are fond of little boys...

I was a little surprised to find Kip and Sarah at the performance, but I remained cordial and acknowledged their presence before taking my seat. Janelle and Aaron shuffled into the church five minutes later and sat right next to Kip and Sarah. During intermission, Janelle realised who she was sitting next to and promptly moved her seat up with Aaron during the second half of the performance.

Kayla thought the seating arrangement was pretty funny.

During intermission, we all took a breather outside with complimentary beverages in our hands. Janelle, anxious to introduce me to one of the choir boys, motioned me to come and meet Alex. In my sky blue oxford shirt and black chinos, Janelle began to speak, "Alex, I have someone you should meet!" which stopped Alex mid-way up the steps. "Now, here's a well-dressed man..." she continued before I interjected her and said "...which could only mean one thing!" We all started laughing, and I properly introduced myself soon after.

Last but not least, the Concordiae choir concert was beautiful. Though Alex fumbled on the lyrics to "Window Shopping for Love", it was one of my favourite from their repertoire. They also did a fabulous job with "Happy Together" by the Turtles, creating a layering effect of tunes and melodies in the background and foreground.

The Fab-Five got together at Aaron's for another night of social drinking, but this time, I slept in the guest room alone. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment