Feb 23, 2006

BC Home & Garden Show.

There was a lot to see at the BC Home & Garden Show at BC Place Stadium. New innovations from GarageTek to help with organising one's garage, outdoor gas fireplaces encased in cultures stones, industrial sized stainless steel barbecues, silk duvets, and other home essentials were on display, many of which were outside my limited budget but would love to have! I'm so materialistic...

Hanging out with Jen and her boyfriend as we walked around the stadium was entertaining. They had just found a new place of their own and were on a hunt for something new and inspirational to decorate their new dwelling, but while Jen had stars in her eyes as she kept finding things she "absolutely must have!", Pete was a little less enthusiastic and had dollar signs in his eyes instead. Cha-ching! I could see that he was doing a mental calculation adding up how much all of this stuff is going to set them back.

The new Designer Guys were there on stage giving designing tips and answering questions from the audience with the use of visuals and samples. After being on my feet for a while, I need a rest so I took comfort at the Interactive Health booth testing out their massage chairs. After my fifteen minute full body massage program, I went for another session of bounding, kneading, and rolling. The cute sales guy, Matt, who looked like a surfer dude from California with long wavy blonde hair, took my shoes off and demoed the foot massage feature of the $4000 chair. My gawd, I was in heaven. I joked with Jen and Pete that I was going to fire my over-priced personal masseuse after this experience.

I bought heating pads at the show for about $40. These sacks are filled with 10 aromatic herbs that help with pain relief, stress, and relaxation. Just after 2 minutes in the microwave, the heat pad releases an aroma of cinnamon, chamomile, lemongrass, peppermint, rosemary, spearmint, valerian root, white willow, yarrow, and yellow dock root in the air and keeps you warm for up to 45 minutes!

Not that I have trouble sleeping, but this is definitely going to help me sleep well. Nite nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment