Mar 9, 2011

Top Groupon Customer Appreciation Party!

An interesting email arrived in my inbox from Groupon last week inviting me to a VIP Top Customer Appreciation Party. Apparently, I had bought enough Groupons in the past year to qualify as a magnificent customer, so I brought along Timela and Paul as my guests to what turned out to be a fabulous party on the rooftop pavilion at the Vancouver Art Gallery.

We were indulged in complementary beer, wine and appetizers while mingling with other top Groupon customers. Blank canvases on easels were set up for anyone with creative flair to dabble paint on and were later awarded as prizes for the draw. The current art gallery exhibits were all for us to explore as well; I particularly loved the WE: VANCOUVER | 12 MANIFESTOS FOR THE CITY exhibit where Vancouver was dissected, documented and displayed for her beauty as a whole. Things like Critical Mass, Vancouver Specials, and our attitudes towards freeway expansion were all laid out in a fun and captivating way.

It was also interesting to see what kind of demographics were into Grouponing. To my surprise, those who came to the party anyway were not just young college students but also Gen-Xers and baby boomers as well. And they were all so fun to be with!

Thanks for the invite, Groupon. My friends and I all had a blast! I guess it pays to be a Grouponer.

No comments:

Post a Comment