Nov 20, 2010

80s Video Dance Party @ The Vancouver Alpen Club.

So here I was with Manuela at the Vancouver Alpen Club for their 80s Video Dance Party. I’ve always enjoyed 80s night as the music of this decade is so awesome, lively, energetic, and great to dance to. To have a contest open to anyone who looked like he or she just got back from this decade of big hair and neon spandex was the cherry on the parfait.

Although the Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Culture Club and a handful of other great artists were absent from the mix, there were plenty of other tunes including some early 90s stuff to dance along to with music video playing on the giant screen.

I met a few familiar faces here that I hadn’t seen in several years; faces from when I was a regular with the German Meetup Group. It was nice to see them again, along with the new faces all having a great time on the dance floor.

A guy wearing a really flashy t-shirt caught my eye. His 3D cube design on the front of his t-shirt actually flashed to the beat of the music and so I just had to see it up close. It was manufactured by a company called Flashwear and attached to the inseams was a little battery box that controlled the sound sensitivity. It was so cool and I knew right there and then that I wanted one of my own.

Sadly, it looks like this party is a yearly thing. They really should have this kind of 80s night every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment