Jun 18, 2010

Birthday Surprise.

Okay, so it wasn’t such a surprise after all, but the gesture was nice. My highly acute sensor picked up that something was up when I was instructed to head on over to Jay’s directly after work on the evening of my birthday anniversary.

I did, and Jay, his gf, and Clayton was there waiting for my arrival. Before I could even kick off my shoes, dump my bag, and sit on Jay’s white IKEA sofa, they’d dressed me up with an assortment of odd things. I had on my head a Canada flag top hat, and pinned to it was a helium balloon of a giant yellow smiley face. I then had to wear my jacket inside out. Across my chest, they had pinned a bright yellow smiley faced sunflower. The look was completely ridiculous and I was expected to wear this in public as they paraded me around town.

At first, I was reluctant, but then acquiesced for THEIR enjoyment.

They drove me to a first nations restaurant called Salmon n’ Bannock on West Broadway where Timm, Kemila, and Ieda, were already waiting at the table. The wild buffalo burger on bannock was delicious, and so was my Beaver Buzz cream soda.

The surprise didn’t stop there. After dinner, I was whisked away to the Cheesecake restaurant on Granville for desert where I had started opening gifts from friends. I got a gift certificate for the Miraj Hammam Spa for a 30 minute massage!

Thank you friends. It’s always delightful to be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment