Sep 6, 2009

Normcy: The Newly Weds.

My friends Norm and Lucy, hereon known as Normcy, had their wedding day today aboard the Sunset Bay, a yacht moored at Coal Harbour. Though the weather was grey and drizzly, the atmosphere aboard the yacht was anything but. Family and friends of theirs came together in one place to celebrate what would be their happiest day of their lives.

I had made a video montage of Normcy using pictures they had approved of, compressing their lifetime in pictures into a four minute video with John Paul Young’s Love Is In The Air as the soundtrack. At last minute, I managed to add pictures from Norm’s Bachelor Party from the night before in the photo mix. Pictures of Norm in a sundress wrapped around a lamp post in cling wrap in front of Megabite Pizza on Granville Street raised a few eyes and chuckles from invited guests. This video played in loop during the ceremony.

I struck up a conversation with Mark, the official wedding photographer hired by Normcy, when I saw him with a Canon 5D Mark II to make him feel more inclusive of the wedding. When Echo and I were sitting together at a table, Mark had asked us point blank if we were a couple as well. Echo and I looked at each other, looked back at Mark, and responded with a “no” and “yes” at the same time, which naturally, required further explanation. “we’re siblings” she went on but I’m not sure if he bought it.

Echo and I went outside to the bow of the yacht as we were passing under the Lions Gate Bridge to admire the scenic vista of the natural wonders of the Pacific West Coast. Mark came around and we asked him to take a photo of, ahem, my sister and I. Echo’s chuckle and my failure to keep a straight face must have further confused poor Mark. I later went to check out his website at marksphoto.ca and was impressed with what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment