Jul 19, 2009

Rekindling an old flame.

Open houses. Beach fire.

After having Sunday brunch with Jay, we went to a number of open houses to check out the real estate scene in the West End. I was most impressed with the bachelor suite I saw on Burrard and Davie for just under $300 grand as it was a corner unit built only a few years ago. It didn’t fit my bill of wanting a 2-bedroom suite however, so we continued looking. Among others, The Barclay residences were pretty nice as well. This was initially rental apartments but had since been redeveloped and renovated to be sold for ownership. It had an open floor plan which I liked with the ground floor suites with a closed off patio.

I appreciate Jay’s effort, help, and company in helping me, a first time buyer, get settled in with what to expect. He’s a good friend.

For this evening, I got together with Aaron, Jenn, and Ian and went down to the 1001 steps to have a beach fire and talk under the stars. It’s something we hadn’t done in a long time. For me, it’s been at least a year! Where did the time go? This was something we used to do on a weekly basis when we were in our early twenties. This and weekly movie nights at Strawberry Hill or a DVD night at someone’s place. We’ve all drifted away and found busyness in our own disconnected lives with work and school, but I’m glad we haven’t completely lost touch. Jennifer is off again shortly for more travelling around Scotland and Ireland so we won’t be seeing much of her for the rest of the year I take it.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment