Mar 13, 2009

Cavities-B-Gone.

On my visit to the dentist on the fortuitous Friday of February 13th, I went in for my regularly scheduled cleaning and check-up. I came out of it with a report that two new cavities were found in my upper molars just under the gum line on my 17 and 27. Despite the time and care I had spent brushing and mouth-washing every night and with my knowledge of how important it is to maintain good oral hygiene from working in a dental lab, I still managed to get not one, but two cavities. The curse of the Friday Thirteenth!

As I inquired about booking the next available time slot for me to come in again to fill those cavities up, March thirteenth came up on screen. Yes, another fortuitous Friday the Thirteenth. I'm not joking. Flip your calendar back to February thirteenth and March thirteenth of two-thousand-and-nine and you will see that they both fall on a Friday. I went ahead and booked it.

Here I am tonight writing about the result of my second visit to the dentist and I'm happy to report that it all went splendiferously well. I also learned that it was extremely difficult to fill those cavities in because of the position it was in, tightly wedged with hardly any clearance for a dental apparatus, let alone a toothbrush, without hitting my jaw bone. It was impossible to get in when I had my mouth open so contrary to the common "open-wide" request, I had to close it while still leaving just enough space to work with.

Here's hoping that I won't be developing cavities on 37 and 47, or anywhere else for that matter. Ever again.

1 comment: