May 23, 2008

Marie's Birthday and Bon Voyage Party.

Tairyo was the name of the Teppanyaki restaurant a number of us went to to celebrate Marie's birthday anniversary/bon voyage party this evening. A few familiar faces were there including Yang Rong and Cherry, who brought their boyfriends with them, but the vast majority of people I met were new faces. It has also been a while since Marie and I met in person, so it was nice to see her again and hear her heartfelt French Canadian laugh.

Tairyo was also a new dining experience for me as I've never had teppanyaki in Beijing before. For 150 RMB, you had all-you-can-eat with a plethora of meat, seafood, vegitables, and deserts to choose from the menu. For the teppanyaki experience, the chef before you would do his showmanship magic, sometimes involving fire five feet high for the "ooooh".



For the late night special, I left Marie's party to head on over to Nanluogu Xiang to attend a smaller bon voyage party for Marion. Kyle, Edward, Celine, Leon and a few others were there to wish Marion a bon voyage. I was there for the drinks and company as I'd already been to enough "Bon Voyage Marion!" parties in the past. I had no reason to believe that this would be the final one.

No comments:

Post a Comment